Alternator update....help still needed!

Okay, I went through the wiring, cleaned all the contacts, checked all
the grounds, buttoned her back up, and I was still reading 10v.  I
pulled the connector on the alternator and checked the voltage at the
connector, and I wasn't reading anything.  On a similar note, the 2 main
connections on the alternator were loose...  I tried to check the
voltage regulator but I wasn't sure what to look for (I know I didn't
get continuity between the contacts, I dunno if I should or not).  I'm
taking the alt. to get it checked, we'll see what happens.
Why in the world would I keep blowing alternators?
AAARRGGHH!!!!

Nate
Frustration level getting high.....