RE: "SoftSport" Springs in a Scirocco 1

>I have NS Sofsport springs with Bilstiens on my Mk1 and I really like the
>handling. I have to drive into Tijuana on a daily basis, and the roads here
>are sometimes really bad, so maintaining a stock ride height is important to
>me.
>
>The combo was initially installed on my Rabbit GTI back in '94 or '95, and 6
>years of daily driving later, the setup is still going strong now that it's
>installed on my Scirocco.
>
>Ride height seems to be same as stock, but handling is greatly improved.
>
>I bought mine back in '94 from Plain Wrap Performance who are apparently no
>longer around. I don't know who Neuspeed was buying their springs from back
>then--H&R I think.
>
>hth,
>Theron
>

>>  Anyone on this list have any experience with
>>  "SoftSport" or similar springs?
>>
>>  This is for Kristen's 1978 Scirocco, which is
>>  moderately tuned (it's fast enough for her . . . 1.8
>>  JH)
>>
>>  Since Kristen is not a racer, the plan for this car is
>>  basically to keep it stock (except for upper and lower
>>  suspension braces).
>
>--

I also have been mostly happy. On my 79 Scirocco, Neuspeed to a direct question
told me that the springs would go right in ... they did not. I had to
go out and
get a different "fitting" for the spring to sit in. The original
springs were of
a consistent column radius top to bottom. On the model that NS shipped me the
spring radius gets smaller at the top and bottom.

George