Re: 16V NOS kit questions and Rant

Scott,
I have a 1.8 16V with 82.5 MM bore and high compression forged pistons
(Unsure of the stroke) with a 2.0 head ported and polished. I am running the
stock 2Y with 3.67 final and it is OK for low-end torque. I have a 4K tranny
that came out of my car going in and that will take care of the low-end and
off the line that I want. I am running the 40MM intake and I personally think
the 50MM is a waste of time. The only time a 50MM would be good is for a
turbo or supercharger because of the extra volume of air. The 40MM is perfect
for a all-motor setup because it increases air velocity over the 50MM. I
definitely see you losing alot of low end with the 50MM because of your setup
unless you plan on running you car in 4th or 5th at high RPM's (above 6K) all
the time like Winston Cup cars do also with your R&P which I am assuming is
like 4.25 or 4.40.

Worst case you can try the 50MM and always remove it later if you don't like
it. Mine has enough torque for me. I know I will gain alot with my 4K but I
will suffer some gas mileage around town but not like I am now.
Good luck.
Masun Dixon
78 Scirocco 16V