Re: [Speaking of wheels... also bad little car

Or, will any other brand wheels fit *correctly*?

I have a wheels question too. After running around in my son's 15's (7"rims,
50X195 tires)) I went back to the good old 14" "P slots" and it feels like a
different car, so much better. I had tried one set of aftermarket wheels
(14's) that would not clear the calipers properly, anybody have a suggestion
for decent looking 14's? The selection in aftermarket is a bit limited, but I
may stay with the small size if I can find something to fit the brakes,
something open (to show off my pretty rotors) and light weight would be good.
(this is a 16V with front and rear discs)

As for the car, after clearing up the sticking E brake and resolving the
dragging pad on the other side, I am now content to "roar" around between 2000
and 3000 rpm, clutch will not hold after that (gotta love that redline eh? ).
Not much fun but very quiet! (getting fixed next week) What a bad little,
ungrateful car . (Needless to say it is parked.) I swear they watch each
other, the Jetta just got a new clutch, now "the headache " thinks it is it's
turn. At least it looks like no caliper for now, rear left was sure making an
awful dragging noise, which has quit for now. Sorry to vent, I was real fed up
with it today.
Cathy, still spinning the clutch, but not dragging the brakes.