Re: Name that part..

--- "Josh[deady]Able" <mkii@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
> look out world, Im doing a tech procedure. :)
>

> Ok, tonight while driving my gas pedal sank to the
> floor, and had 0 throttle
> response.
> I tried to mess around under the dash, but couldn't
> see shit, so I just
> adjusted the idle to run at 4000rpm and made it home
> without needing a gas
> pedal!
> I got home and snagged a flashlight and found the
> problem.
>
> The "hook" that goes through the hole at the top of
> the gas pedal had come
> out. I also noticed that on the floor of the car I
> had a rotted piece of
> rubber that looked to fit the hole.
>
> Now..what did hold the throttle cable to the gas
> pedal, was it that piece of
> rotted rubber?
>
> ty
Yes.

Here's the good part #'s:

191 721 559
191 723 559

=====
Mark Peele
1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
For Sale: Various VW 13" Steel Wheels - free - you haul.
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)