From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Josh[deady]Able
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 7:01 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Name that part..

look out world, Im doing a tech procedure. :)

Ok, tonight while driving my gas pedal sank to the floor, and had 0 throttle
response.
I tried to mess around under the dash, but couldn't see shit, so I just
adjusted the idle to run at 4000rpm and made it home without needing a gas
pedal!
I got home and snagged a flashlight and found the problem.

The "hook" that goes through the hole at the top of the gas pedal had come
out. I also noticed that on the floor of the car I had a rotted piece of
rubber that looked to fit the hole.

Now..what did hold the throttle cable to the gas pedal, was it that piece of
rotted rubber?

ty

Josh Able
87 16v Seidl