Re: Name that part..

Yep, that piece of rotted red (iirc) foamy rubber is
what holds the accellerator cable "hook" into the hole
atop the pedal lever.  They go bad a lot.

They're cheap at the dealer...if ETKA's not lying,
it's
431 721 559 "Rubber Bush".

Easy fix!

Ron

--- "Josh[deady]Able" <mkii@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
> look out world, Im doing a tech procedure. :)
>

> Ok, tonight while driving my gas pedal sank to the
> floor, and had 0 throttle
> response.
> I tried to mess around under the dash, but couldn't
> see shit, so I just
> adjusted the idle to run at 4000rpm and made it home
> without needing a gas
> pedal!
> I got home and snagged a flashlight and found the
> problem.
>
> The "hook" that goes through the hole at the top of
> the gas pedal had come
> out. I also noticed that on the floor of the car I
> had a rotted piece of
> rubber that looked to fit the hole.
>
> Now..what did hold the throttle cable to the gas
> pedal, was it that piece of
> rotted rubber?
>
> ty
>

> Josh Able
> 87 16v Seidl
>

> --
> Email LIST problems to:
> scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org.

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

"One....two....one...two...three..."
-Lynyrd Skynyrd