Re: Possible re-think of rocco list gathering??

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 12:12:59 -0600 (MDT) Night Shadow
<soltwede@privateI.com> writes:

>BUT!  I was checking out the details on Dubwar....man this looks
>cool...and GOD do I want to do the road race SOOOOOO bad.  What do you
>guys wanna possibly change the official west coast gathering to be
>dubwar next year?  This thing looks way too cool!

Thats what im thinking. I Mean, nothing against the ND show, its been a
great reason toget together for a while now and I think WE as a group
have brought a lot to its success. However, this event (IF it happens
again next year) offers so much more to us. I know Tim tried to have an
autox type event for his show this year. Not his fault but the attempt
was commendable.
If you're not into the racing aspect of VW's, this very well could be the
only opportunity for many of you to see a Scirocco racing in the venue's
provided. (Road race, Autox, Drag Race and the illusive Burn Out!) Bring
your video camera's!

>Anyone wanna fly me out and loan me a track worthy rocco????!?!?!?!
>:-)

Oh yeah, Let me get you a first class ticket for you sir. Sheeyaaa RIGHT!

if this event happens next year I will need to haul 3 Scirocco's up
there. Driver wanted? I dunno man, if I break the car while
driving/racing its on me. What if you break it? Hmm.

>To the guys that go...give us the lowdown, better than ND? (I expect
>so, but you never know!)

So far it seems to only be myself and Potter who will difinately be
there. Colins? Teulie?
As expected, the norcal group is all quiet. Ppsshhh.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!