RE: mk1 16v conversion (opinions/advise)*long*

Hey, Rob, obviously you'll want advice from completely unbiased sources.
However, I can tell you 100% that your current CIS fuel injection will work
just fine on that 1.8l 16v. The CIS-basic system does not need a special
enrichment circuit like the CIS-E. I would think that a full throttle
enrichment would be needed, though. -just like what comes on the Rabbit
GTI's and such. What you may not get with the CIS-basic system is quite as
good fuel economy, as steady of an idle, or legality in CARB states (which
NJ is not).

Personally, I would go for the CIS-E system because a) you already have it,
and b) it is just more "correct". -assuming that a 16v-powered Mk1 could
even be considered "correct".
:^)

Randy will do the job either way. He did the complete CIS-E conversion to my
Mk1 because I insisted on it.