Re: air fuel meter....

>This would also be known as a Pyrometer?

Same thing. The prices on them vary, the one I got was like $220 or so, but
it includes peak hold capabilities so that you can press a button to see
what your peak EGTs were. Basic ones are closer to $100 I think. Remember
though, that just like the O2 sensor meter, this only gives you a partial
view of whats happening. And since it needs to be near the cylinder head,
it often gets tapped off of just one cylinder, so you really only see whats
going on with that one, and so may not be aware of whats happening with the
other 3 cylinders. And although unlike the O2 sensor, the EGT
thermocouple(sensor) is pretty accurate, you still have lots of other
reasons why you cant tune with just EGT.  changing ignition timing, sensor
placement, sensor wire routing all can affect the thermocouple readings
adversely. Thats why its kinda nice to use one in conjuction with an O2
sensor meter.

Brad