Re: Speakers

Dan Bubb wrote:

> I just installed a new stereo in the old Scirocco. As is generally the
> case, upgrading one thing immediately highlites the need to upgrade
> something else.
> Anybody have any suggestions for good quality front speakers that will
> fit under the stock (or internally modified) speaker grills. Crutchfield
> tells me all 4 X 6 speakers are too tall to fit.
> Any input?
> Thanks
> Dan

Blaupunkt has upgraded the 4x6 speakers they make from paper cones to
fiber impregnated to now poly something or the other;

< http://www.blaupunktusa.com/speakers/speakers_index.html>

Check it out, some of them are 'Injected' now.     ; ])

In the past the Blaus were like Boge shocks- OEM, made decent
replacements, nothing stellar. Still like that mostly but they have put
some depth in the line up so you have a choice.

Maybe not everybody's super favorite choice but the _will_ fit and are
OEM.

hth,
TBerk