Re: I F*KING QUIT! !!!!UPDATE!!!!

>-Check cam/crank/dist timing again, and its off. OK somethings going on
>here.  I found 2 problems. First, the lower plastic belt cover
>disintegrated and pieces were getting under the belt.. Ewwwww... Take it
>all off, realign everything, have a friend crank it and nothing...
>However I noticed that while hes cranking, the timing belt isnt moving!!
>Hmmmm.  OK, so I take off the accessory belts (What a shitty design) and
>take off the crank pulley (BOLT WAS LESS THAN FINGER
>TIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). It seems the crank pulley was slipping on
>the crank!  Not a terrible amount of wear on either the pulley or the
>crank so Im sure is salvageable. I did notice something... the crank has
>a keyway, but the pulley does not!! Is this true?

hey bob.
this just happend to me last week. if the woodruff on the
crank pulley has been ripped to shreds, i don't think you
can work it. at least that's whta happend in my case.
i thought massive destruction, but everything wound
up being alright. go out to the dealer, but a brand
new crank pulley (it was like $64 canadian), get a bolt
also, but MAKE SURE it's the same length as your old one.
(made that mistake already)
get anything else you wanna change while you're at it,
belt, tensioner, etc...
place the new pulley on the crank lining up the woodruff
with the notch in the crank. DRENCH the bolt in locktite and
impact that bolt into an oblivion. i have no desire to EVER take
off that bolt again, so i don't care if it'll be dificult to remove.
put everything back together and cross your fingers. i still don't
know if i did any damage to the inside of my motor, still have to
do a compression test. dialed it in last night and it runs PERFECT
after all that. after driving for like a day @ 45 deg advanced#%$@^$
i think i heard my pistons making friends with my valves a some times
BAD NEWS#*%(&*(%#

i think i know why bolt jumped. when i was taking everyting off
i noticed that EVERY SINGLE bolt on this car was loose. i know at
one time that they we're tight. i don't get it. the alternator bolt jumps
all the time, every bolt on my waterpump was loose, i don't get it.

ah well, something else to figure out.
i hope it has something to do with all this new found power,
then it would make sense...

good luck to you.

keep us posted.

paul