Help me identify these Mystery Springs!

Ok...I got two fronts and two rears from Tony
Pelletier when he was here in the Cincy area picking
up his MkI.  They came with his car, and were a
mystery then as now.

The fronts are single diameter, non-progressive and
coated with a thick shiny black plastic; thicker than
powdercoat.  There are 6 full coils.  I stripped away
some of the plastic at one end, and beneath is stamped
B44PC200.

The rears are 12-coil, a fair bit shorter than stock,
and painted red (it's flaking off).  There are no
identifying marks that I can tell.  These are
non-progressive also.

Any help, most appreciated....

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

"One....two....one...two...three..."
-Lynyrd Skynyrd