Re: The Cheapass Swaybar! (finally)

--- SailingFC@aol.com wrote:
> This is not a new design.

:(  You mean someone's already done this?  (surprise
surprise).  Did your friend's bar bolt to the trailing
arms or the T-shaped crossmember?  (Ben and I chose
the trailing arms to minimize stress on the trailing
arm - crossmember weld).

> IMO, It should work fine.  It was the only rear bar
> he had.  I'm thinking the
> material can be 6060-T6 aluminum, solid rectangular.
>  Light and tough.

Yes...Aluminum is a great idea.  Ben and I had
considered that as well, I was thinking 2024 but would
have to study up some on the different alloys and
their properties, as well as their cost!  For a first
cut, the steel channel was too cheap to pass up!

> -Dick-
> 78 Scirocco
> Original Owner
> http://member.aol.com/sailingfc/

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

"One....two....one...two...three..."
-Lynyrd Skynyrd