Re: off topic [A2] suspension needed (used?) & thanks to crossflow/digifant helpers

Eric L Ellis wrote:

> We're looking to beef the '88 Jetta Crossflow's suspension. The owner
> doesn't want it slammed, but would like to knock the bounce outta the
> car. Anyone know of any after market A2 suspension components for sale?
> HoR or H&R springs and/or any good struts & shocks (-Boge) that'll give
> it about an 1"-1 1/2" lower ride would be primo.
>
> A localish guy was able to adapt Audi 5k throttle position sensors to the
> t-body of the crossflow and that's kept it from stalling when coming back
> down to idle. Corrado brakes are on the way and a paint job is in the
> near future. As I understand it I'm only the second guy to do the
> crossflow into an A2 in NC. The other can be seen here:
> www.jrcmotorsports.com
> He's the guy that did the t-body work.
>
> Thanks again from me and the owner to the people that helped.
>
> Eric

HoR = No.
H&R = Yes.

Right now I am thinking 87 Jetta - H&R Cup Kit. It has these tall
touring Dunlops on it so this should fill the well also. Right now I
have too much rebound on normal bumps (dampening power all used up).

Boge makes some decent OEM style shocks, of course Bils and Konis make
for a more aggressive fit. SInce the A2 chassis is heavier than the A1s
i am used to I am still gaining knowledge in this area.

<http://www.hrsprings.com/site/products/index.html>

TBerk