Re: HELP!!

    hmm, i would bring:
10mm, 13mm, 14mm, 17mm open-ended wrenches
13mm, 17mm 3/8"-drive sockets
8mm, 10mm 1/4"-drive sockets
3/8", 1/4" ratchets
small hammer

    is your belt in good shape still?  if not, get a replacement.

1.)  using either your 10mm ratchet or wrench, disconnect one of the leads
to the battery.  i usually go with the positive, cuz it's easier to access,
tho some say that the ground is a better idea to disconnect.  whatever.

2.) disconnect the two leads coming off the alternator (8mm, and 13mm, IIRC)

3.) loosen the 4 bolts that hold the alternator/bracket in place.  on my
car, i've probably got some bastardized nut/bolt combos, and i think that
the one holding the bracket to the alternator is either 13 or 14mm.  the
bolt holding the bracket onto the motor is a 17mm, and the two bolts
underneath that hold the alternator to the motor are both 17mm as well.

    once that's thru, you'll have the alternator off the car.  putting the
new one in is the reverse of removal.  however, sometimes you have to watch
to make sure that the spacers on the bottom part of the alternator that bolt
up to the motor are spaced far enuff apart.  if not, then you won't be able
to mount the alternator.

4.) enter the SMALL hammer.  lightly tap the spacer in the required
direction so as to make space for the alternator to straddle the bracket on
the motor.  you'll know what i'm talking about when you get there.

    please note that when you are tightening the alternator back up, you
should leave a bit of slack.  don't tighten it like crazy, cuz you'll end up
burning out the teflon bushings at the back of the pulley shaft.

    sound easy?  it is.  good luck.

jason
the mad bastard