Re: NASCAR channel.... Geze Meze

Geze Meze,

How many more hours of Southern Accents can we watch?  The only reason Fox
picked up NASCAR was because of the advertising brouhaha.  They almost shit
in their pants when Earnhardt died.  Since then, their ratings have steadily
climbed, but I have a vision of what NASCAR Network would be like, because
here in Pittsburgh we have a Fox owned local sports Channel that shows most
of our Penguins games and some of the Pirates, and a nightly local sports
wrap up.  But any other Time of day is pure Nascar....You can't get away from
it.  How about hours of Stupid Practice, Endless discussions of Happy Hour,
The announcers having to scream over the ambient noise of the cars (Does FOX
have to put dish mics in the pits?)  And by the way, screaming does not make
the Southern accent more charming, it can kill household pets at 50 yards.
You talk about a soap opera,"NASCAR today "is like two hours long, the
interviewers have no talent, and the drivers REALLY have no personality, not
one shred.  They also show qualifying, drivers going to the john, special
segments on the finer points of Lynyrd Skynrd,etc.,etc.  I have seen the
future, and it is a 400 lb fan on top of an RV with no shirt, but a pair of
suspenders wearing a cowboy hat with his favorite drivers corporate logo on
it, With A tattoo that has a "3" 1951-2001 on it.  They already have all this
stuff in production, don't you think they want a National Cable network to
show it on?

Patrick M. Boyle Jr.
'87 Scirocco 16v
'87 Cabriolet