RE: I got to drive my very first Rocco today (LONG)

In the last 6 months, I've replaced the shift linkage bushings and changed
the oil on my '82, and it's my daily driver.  That's all I've done.

I think the majority of VWs available are fairly neglected, especially those
available at a reasonable price.  As a result, there will be a fair number
of things to fix in the first several months to a year, and after that, they
are at least as reliable as any other car on the road.  Plus, they will
rarely leave you stranded - a lot of the problems you may encounter will
allow you to still drive home, such as wheel bearings, CV joints, clutch,
etc.

Aaron
'87 528e
'82 Scirocco