Re: Stripped out engine mount stud..Complete

You said it! I particularly like the '82's (not being biased here, really)
because they're kind of unique, even among sciroccos. It was the first model
year for the MKII, basically all of the factory engine mods came after
82-83, like radiator, throttle switches, stuff like that. I also am
particular to the smaller wing. It's a lot less obtrusive, kind of blends in
more with the car. I haven't really decided where I stand on the mono wiper,
yet, being that mine doesn't exactly work right. After I get a new assy,
I'll decide, I suppose. But you're right, I think they could definitely use
a little more punch, but that's what all those great aftermarket performance
parts are for :-). It's a bit of a challenge I guess. If you've got a stock
1.7 or even a 1.6 that hauls ass, you've REALLY accomplished something, ya
know? (not to say that having an awesome 1.8 or 2.0 isn't an accomplishment,
it's just that the 1.7s and 1.6s are kind of handicapped to begin with)
Sorry to have rambled so long, guess it's just that "bug" that we've all
got.

The End :-)

Ryan