RE: Stripped out engine mount stud..Complete

Right, but my first Scirocco was an '84 (JH).  I drove it for about 3 months
before I found the '82.  While the '84 was pretty much trashed (and lives in
the junkyard now), the engine was great, and it was noticeably quicker than
my '82.  Incidentally, I still have the engine, and I intend to pop it into
my '82 with new mounts all around, and then I'll be back in business.

I can't deride the 1.7 too badly, though...last weekend I got to get out on
the interstate (first time since I bought the car in May or so), and it was
such a blast to drive that I blew right past my exit on the way home.  I
didn't even know I was close until I was 2 miles past.  There aren't too
many cars on the road that are *that* enjoyable to drive!

Aaron
'82 Scirocco
'70 Beetle
'87 Jeep Cherokee 4.0