Re: Stripped out engine mount stud..Complete

Well, I am all done with my repair.  hERE is what I did.  I sawed off the old
stud with a hacksaw, that was fun let me tell you it took almost 2 hours.
The metal in that stud that they used is something fierce.  Make sure you
have nice sharp drill bits or you'll get nowhere.  Drilling was hard, I had
to use the weight of the car on the drill so I could give it enough pressure,
I had my dad lower the car onto the drill very slowly. The bolt I used is
M10-1.50x30mm. I went around to a few stores and the best grade I could find
was class 8.8, I could not find any higher anywhere so we will see how long
it lasts.  I dropped the bolt in from the top and used a lockwasher to hold
it inplace so I could tighten it.  Took it for a test drive and all seems
good,  the engine is no longer floppin around like a......uhhhh......ya know.

Brian 86 16v
<http://members.nbci.com/captnbr/captnbr>

<http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html>