RE: Stripped out engine mount stud..Complete

Good to hear you had success.  I have to get around to doing both of mine
sometime, hopefully before either stud strips out.

Did you use oil or anything like that to keep the drill cool?  If you
haven't tried it before, you would be surprised at the difference it makes
when drilling metals.

My local True Value hardware store stocks a great selection of metric
fasteners, including class 10.9.  You might try them if your bolt strips.
OTOH, you may have nothing to worry about.  I guess it depends on how hard
and how often you kick it down.  If you're anything like me, that would be
all the time, but with a 1.7, you kind of have to do that just to make it
go...

Aaron
'82 Scirocco
'70 Beetle