ABT Upper Stress bar & misc susp. Stuff.

I just recently acquired an ABT upper stress bar, and it seems my hood is about .5 to 1.5 centimetres higher than it should be.  Argh.  The bar is TOO high and the hood rests on it.  Any Ideas.?

I love how the car handles now, as I also put in an ABT lower stress bar (ugh, you have to drill the frame)  and poly bushings on the front control arms.  It dosen't chatter/wobble/noodle around corners any more and feels quite a bit more solid when manoeuvering(sp).  I recommend the lower stress bar at the very least as the A1 volkswagens are particularly weak in the lower front (sub?)frame.  The lower stress bar was pretty cheap too, at 120$ CDN.

I've got a problem /w the steering/handling on "rippled" roads though.  You know, the roads that have sunken indents where heavy trucks have squished the pavement into ruts?  When changing lanes (at any speed) my scirocco intermittently madly resists turning, or lurches in the intended direction like a Ninnyhammer.  This sort of happens when cruising straight at regular speeds, and steering lightly/changing lanes.  I realize that this would sort of happen with any car, but I've driven a few different cars down the same strip of road and they don't do the funcky noodle all over the place.

Some background on parts and stuff, if it helps...
--1985 8v
--control arms --> original on driver's (quite corroded)/ new on passenger's side
--control arm bushings --> polyurethane (TIGHT!)
--upper & lower stress bars
--brand new ball joints
--CV Joints --> 3 mo. old
--New upper strut bearings
--new "crappy" parts master gas shocks (not sure if they fit properly in the strut tubes, they shift up and down a little <2-5mm>, but are tight laterally)
--new Eibach 1" lowering springs
--steering rack had 1 boot replaced about 2 years ago.
--yokohama p195/70r14 guardex 600 winter tires on NEW oem steel rims (heh, the roads have been dry for a month.)

I have a hunch that it's either the weak control arm or possibly the steering rack.  I've had the car aligned a couple of times @ Northland VW and it hasn't helped.

Umm it's not the winter tires is it?  I've sort of gotten used to the "waterbed" feeling of them, but the handling problem is a little more retarded than that... I think.  Never had pure winter ice tires b4.

let me know.

Chadwick..
85 8v Scirocco
93 \/R6 Corrado