Re: [non roc] Jetta VR6 ad

Kevin Collins wrote:

> Mike VanAmburgh wrote:
>
> > The Jetta one wasn't so funny, but the GTI falling out of the tree got a
> > laugh out of the wife and me.
>
> At least it was better than the game.   :0
>
> I laughed at that one too, then scratched my head - I mean if you know
> nothing about the GTI, and theoretically they're trying to attract NEW
> buyers to the fold, then WTF did that spot do to tell ANYONE ANYTHING about
> what the car has to offer??  Hell it didn't even give a good look at it,
> much less convey any info about its sporting pretensions etc.
>
> <shrug>
>
> --
> Kevin Collins
> '86.5 16V 2.0
> '00 Passat GLS 1.8T

It wasn't this car does this or that, look how good you look in it. It
was an attempt at providing mystique, a personality, even animalistic or
human qualities.

Kev,

Didn't we have a similar thread years ago about a new chassis
introduction?

Don't know if the Ad company is the same of not.

btw- I don't think it was very effective, but it did have a sense of
mystery- What's up in the tree? And it might get folks a little sub
conscience bookmark to go investigate the thing at the dealers.

Oh well, somebody gives you a butt load of money to make a commercial,
what are you going to do with it?

TBerk