Re: Why do you own a Scirocco?

I own a Scirocco (this time) directly because the new Mercury Cougar was a
huge dissappointment for my wife.

I'm keeping it because it is exceptionally rewarding to drive, and is cheap
to maintain as a toy.

After owning three consecutive Preludes, wife fell in love with the new
Cougar so we ordered one. After car finally arrived 3 months late, it turned
out to be a lemon. FoMoCo bought it back, but they had already auctioned our
trade-in Prelude, so we went in search of a replacement.

Wife decided she wanted a Scirocco (much to my surprise) recalling two
previous cars I had owned (87 16V, 85 8V), so we found Windy, our current 87
flash silver 16V.

After completing most of the rebuild/restore process, I turned the car over
to my wife, who quickly tired of used-car problems. You know, all the little
stuff that it is just time to fix. So we made a deal, found her another
Prelude, and I sold my Rabbit GTI (sniff, bye Gidget) and Windy became mine.

Cheers,

Christian
87 16V