Re: Why do you own a Scirocco?

My first VW was an '86 GTI (bought in like '94 or so) - the guy I bought it
from took me for a ride in his Scirocco, and man I wanted one, but couldnąt
afford one then (he had several for sale).  After the GTI died, I kind of
got away from VW's, for no reason really.  Last year when someone offered me
my current Scirocco for $400, I was like HELL YES!!!

I love the size really, and the quick acceleration.  Its just fun, and
really, driving should be fun.  I went through a phase where I figured
driving should be practical and utilitarian - so I drove a Geo Metro for
about 6 months, hehe, its true!  I am also a firm believer in driving used
cars - I absolutely HATE car payments, I think car payments are the biggest
scam on earth.  Anyhow, its good to recycle cars too, I mean I'm no tree
hugger, but it makes sense to me to keep this baby alive and in my
possession instead of in a scrap yard.

Oh yea, and did I mention how fucking GREAT my stereo sounds it the 'roc?

Hehe

Greg

--
'84 Scirocco