Re: [Vehicle transport, anyone ever do this?]

Nate Mellom <bronson@inwave.com> wrote:
My buddy is seriously thinking about buying a Citroen DS on eBay.
Problems is, we live in Wisconsin, the car is in California.  We're
thinking about driving out, and driving or trailering the Citroen home.
If we were to trailer it, anyone know what it might cost to do this?

We once brought back a 51 Chevy Belair with a tow dolly equivalent, from 3
hours away. Towed just fine but killed the tranny on the Grand Torino we used
to tow it. So beware of the extra strain and get a good strong vehicle to do
the towing. Costwise, check your Uhaul guys. Trailering - you need the right
hitch, a regular bumper type (like my truck has) won't be enough. (Checked
this when I got the Rocc - too much hassle - drove it home under the cloak of
darkness, carefully following the speed limit if you get my drift...) So with
the heavy duty tow vehicle, don't discount the extra fuel costs.