Re: clutch difficulties

Check your clutch cable adjustment. It should have about 3/4" of freeplay at
the pedal. If not adjust the clutch. If yes then inspect the cable for
damage. Is the pedal stiff? If so then you have one of two difficulties. 1.
Cable is bad 2. Pedal assy is broken. The latter will require a more careful
and thorough inspection. Have a buddy depress the clutch with the car off
and on level ground while you watch the little tube that the cable slides
into at the firewall. Does the tube move at all? if yes then you have my
sympathies and a broken pedal assy. They arent fun at all. Just did one
today on an '86 8V.

>OK, I'm having some very interesting problems with my clutch system on my
>'82 rocco and I hope I can get some ideas from the accumulated wisdom on
>this list. I say interesting because I have never heard of this problem
>before. Sometimes (more often of late) after driving for a few minutes and
>coming to a stop, say at a light, I push in the clutch pedal and apply the
>brakes. OK, nothing unusual so far. However, my simple act of pushing the
>clutch pedal isn't normally enough to convince the clutch to actually
>release. Usually I pull it of gear and the clutch let's go. If I don't pull
>it out of gear, it finally lets go at about 1200 rpm or so. It doesn't do
>this every time I stop or press the clutch, but when it does it, it happens
>exactly the same every time. Any ideas, comments, suggestions? I'm thinking
>goobered splines, but I don't have slippage or any other problems with it.
>Hmmmm....
>
>RyanM
>

>--
>Email LIST problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org. To unsubscibe send