Re: Cheap Oxygens Sensor Replacements???

At 12:03 AM -0500 1/25/01, Foxx (in a box) wrote:

>  i believe a company named repco makes a generic one for somewhere
>around $40 each. i got a bosch for my '86 8v for $21 (my cost at the
>store, but i'm willing to pass along the savings). i can find out what a
>16v one will run, though.

As was posted earlier, the Bosch 3-wire 13913 is correct for 16v
Scirocco applications.  (Trust me, I've gone thru THREE.)  I have
gotten them pretty inexpensively at Pep Boyz as well as Potterman.
May be worth checking if you need it right away.

You need to do a very, very good job of soldering the wires, or else
it doesn't work right (thus, the three...).

I was thinking of harvesting the wiring from a Ford and splicing its
connector into my harness so that I could just plug them in when they
need replacing.  The upstream end of my harness is now too short to
do this trick again, so next time I will need a "real" 16v one or
need to do this Ford graft.

Anyone done that?  Gotten Ford wiring and spliced it in?

I should do this as a Tech Procedure....

| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net                                        |