At last, a MK I to strip

  Timing is everything! While I was out at my usual salvage yard to get some
notes on an Opel GT, it was as if a MK I was delivered from the hevens amid
thunderous cacophany and bright flashing light. Ok, so it was just the tow
truck with a few VW's on back, but there it was; a "two-tone" '80 Mk I
finally going into the yard. When they pulled it off the truck I was all over
it, looking for anything and everything. Here's what I scribbled down about
it.
Manf. date 01/80
Original color was Indianrot met. L A 3 V (is now that and metalic green on
the fenders and doors...)
Rear light assy's and center black plastic are in great shape.
Front and rear bumpers complete, great shape also. Looks like the PO painted
them black.
Front turn signal assy's intact (wrap around style)
Red interior/black dash and center console, all switches, guages and "wood
grain" trim.
Rear wiper assy.
Single wiper assy.
No powertrain or wheels.