RE: Eurolights, Single Wiper and '85 Rocco's

>>         On teh subject, is there a record of teh 85 rocco ever having
>>eurolights and
>>         single wiper arm? I am trying to restore it to original
>> settings, but
>
>Yes the 85 came with European lights, in Europe. :)  No, it never came
>with a factory single wiper.  The only Mk2's to get them would be the 82,
>and maybe a few 83's as stock was used up.  I think the European lights
>look like they were designed for the car, which they were, and look
>better for it.  That's just me though. ;)
>
>==Brett

Brett is right: the single wiper appeared somewhen around 1976 on the mk1.
The mk2 came with single wiper and double, equally sized lamps in 1981.
(Dirk changed his original lamps to that kind of lamps. I like the look of
those lamps too)
VW changed both in 1983: first the lamps become the "euro lamps", later in
the same year the single wiper diappeared ;-(