[OT] Re: How to turn off HTML in Outlook.

Ryan McCarthy wrote:

> You know, this is really interesting. About nine months ago I started
> talking about this same thing. Some said I was trying to take away their
> rights to the most up to date technology. Some told me to just f#$%ing deal
> with it cause they weren't gonna change their postings. I got flamed so bad
> that I decided to leave the list. I come back two days ago just to see
> what's going on, not planning on posting at all, and I notice this current
> topic. It makes one shake his head in wonder... What more can I say...
> (returning to lurk mode)
>
> Ryan M

 AND-

> I'll need to change the oil in my Scirocco soon, and I'm swapping out the
> springs as soon as I can, so I'll try and take pictures and write the stuff
> up.
>
> So we want to do this in full HTML format, right?  I've seen some FAQ's that
> are just copied e-mails from everyone who chimed in on a topic, and I don't
> find those nearly as helpful as things like the tech procedures in HTML on
> Scirocco.org.
>
> Sincerely;
> Brian Haygood

These two post makes me think back to the humble beginnnings when FAQs
were text based because everything was then and email just came to be
read not decyphered. <sigh> Yes the pace of progress marches on but just
because some company comes out with a product dosn't mean it's
compatible/ useable by the greater number of people.

Since the great blow up over HTML in email by default (a no-no btw) we
have calmed down, & I welcome any back to the fold who have returned.

I have been posting a lot lately, I hope I'm 'value added'- perhaps
leading (by exanple?) and also learning with an open mind. We need some
structure but there is no King of Scirocconia to goveren over us mere
mortals, so we'll have to police ourselves, eh?

I think your right in that the write up should be in HTML as it will
have to get converted one way or another, esp what with Pix and all.
This is waaay different than sending the list little tiny print in
lavender and expecting me to read it.

TBerk
Thx for your time.