RE: [Joke] Post Humour on Fridays?

I'd actually prefer not to have jokes on the list on Fridays.  I don't mind
that I've gotten one in the past two weeks, but a slew of them every Friday
might be a bit much.  I can delete them all, but I've only got a phone line
conenction, and not a very reliable one at that, so even deleting them is a
bit of a pain.  I usually use Outlook Express, so I have to wait for it to
download even if I never want to read it.  I know its more fun to share the
humor among our friends on the list, but I don't think that putting [OT] or
[joke] an anything you feel like saying justifies the use of bandwidth.

I usually end up deleting about 90% of the stuff on this list just because I
don't have time to sort through it.  I know there are things on the list I
could learn from, but I just don't have the time/internet power to do it.  I
haven't seen anything on the list that I would call blatantly out of place,
but declaring open season on Friday's wouldn't help us do what I think this
list was intended to do.

So call me anti-joke-man, but that's the way I see it. Oh yeah, I really
enjoyed the "30 things" joke that started all of this.  Ironic isn't it.

...And this is just one opinion.  I'm not going to unsubscribe if I get a
joke next Friday.  If I get 236 of them, maybe.

Sincerely;

Brian Haygood
'95 Passat GLX
'00 GTI GLX