Re: 4K tranny - .75 or .80 5th?? - COOL

--- RoccoPhil <roccophil@mindspring.com> wrote:
> This has got to be one of the best and most productive
> conversations I've
> seen on the List in a long time.
>
> My surmising at this point:
>
> If I stay w/ an AGB I'd add a .80 fifth
> If I stayed w/ a 9A I'd add a .75 fifth
> If I had wads o' money, I'd construct a 4k w/ an .80
> fifth and .71 sixth.
> Does that sound like a hot tranny or what?
>
> -PK

Sounds perfect to me.  I went over to Scirocco.org to do
some calculations, and I think I'm going to go with a 4k
and .80 5th in my 16v. (No 6th since I don't have unlimited
funds!) The revs would only be about 100 rpm lower in 5th
than I have now, but that doesn't really bother me.  Plus,
I've got a 4k or two available, and the 16v is due for a
clutch. :)

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
'91 Passat
"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat." - Lily Tomlin