Re: [16v] Broke an injector. Question.

>Hey guys,
>	Yeah I know, not the end of the world..  But before I go and
>buy all new injectors, I have a question.
>
>	I was removing my injectors from my intake over the weekend,
>and one of them popped out with such a vengeance that the little
>metal nub and lower o-ring on the bottom flew off.
>
>	Can I get a new one of those, or do I have to replace the
>whole injector?
>
>	And if I have to replace the whole injector (which I don't
>mind, but they're spotlessly clean so it's a shame), should I just
>do all of them at once?  And should I bother with blueprinted
>injectors?
>
>TIA!
>Jason

You should probably just get a 'new' injector, as I don't think the little
metal ring is available separately (it's not in the engine, right?)
jwsvws (link on scirocco.org) has used injectors for sale, they'll also
clean them for you, not sure of their process though.  Jim had his done
by them, and they work very well.  When I did my Motronic conversion, I
had the injectors cleaned at C&C Fuel Injection in Colorado (link also
on scirocco.org). However, they're much more expensive then jwsvws service.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net