RE: 2H/4K vs. standard 16v trans.

Wait a minute.
This is a 16V trans (AGB) that is being replaced with the earlier 83/84 GTI
trans right?
Aren't the the axles/drive flanges going to be different?
If this is the case, either the flanges will need to be changed over to the
larger ones, or the axles changed over to the smaller ones.
If I am incorrect on this, please forgive me....my 3rd cup of coffee hasn't
kicked in yet.
HTH

Randy B
81 (Mars) Scirocco S - Techtonics Tuning 1847cc 8V
81 (Cosmos) Scirocco S - future Oettinger 16V project
87 Jetta GLI 16V - daily driver