Re: 2H/4K vs. standard 16v trans.

In a message dated 1/21/01 3:11:49 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rocco2nr@hotmail.com writes:

Well...so much for a motor, I guess it will have to wait.  My transmission
stuck in 3rd gear last night, and the 3rd gear synchro is shot now.  I'm
going to get a brand new transmission.

Is there any disadvantage to getting the 2H or 4K as opposed to the
standard
16v one?  Is my gas mileage going to suck?

Maybe on the freeway if you leave the stock 5th gear in there, but your car
will feel like you've got nitrous on it in every other gear.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)