Re: [tech & info] Holy jeez, not this again & used parts source

OK, I picked up another 160mph speedo today but it needs some work.  HOW
DO I GET THAT DAMN NEEDLE OFF THE SPEEDO WITHOUT BREAKING IT? $%*&ing
plastic...sorry.

I've worked out a deal with a yard in Charlotte NC (that is willing to
ship) so we Veedubers can get some deals on stuff.  Need a VR6?  Didn't
think so, but engines to visors and transmissions to dashes...we got 'em.
 The final details are yet to be worked out but here's the scoop so far.
This yard had been in VW's, Audi's, and Volvo's for 27 years (started
with VW's only)  and has yet to screw me in 6 years.  They keep costs
down by running a minimal crew but as you can imagine, that leaves little
time for a veture into the web or nationwide sales.  Trust me, they do
fine with local business and have no need to test other waters.  I
offered to deal with "online" orders in exchange for special 'salvage
yard panning expeditions, for my own goodies.  In other words, if you
order from them, through me, you pay only shipping and their asking
price...but I'd accept donations.  You'd get an invoice with your part(s)
from them showing the price you paid and no finders fee or "Eric
percentage" tacked on.  If I missed anything and you have a question,
post it to the list so I can answer it for all.

Eric
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v/