Trials and Tribulations of my 85 8v.

Well thank you to all in that list (and the many I already chatted with
on ICQ.I finally solved my fan replay problem, the problem was not the
fan relay after briging it to the dealer ship (I was thinking I had some
shorts in the electrical wiring, dur to constant fuses blowing) and the
dealer mechanic owns 2 rocco's he looks at it took 5 mins and declared my
wiring clean, but told me my fan was shot (figures) after estimation of
256$ for replacement fan and connector (seems the newer fans are straight
line connections instead of the old type " H" style... I paused paid the
25$ inspection fee, and drove it out 3 blocks to a recommended (by the
mechanic) used parts "junker" that specialize in audi/saab/volks parts...
and found a fan from a Jetta 86 that was a perfect match love volks for
using the same parts on many models/years) and after 1.5 hrs
(removal-reinstallation.. I have a functional fan again (yeaahh...)

I know this sounds childish, since I inherited the car 3 months ago, this
is actually m first repair I had to do on the car....

Again Thanks to all the tips.. and and I eagerly waitting for my bentley
to seriously consider my "restoration" steps.

The great news is that the junkers tells me he gets scirocco's all the
time, and only takes body parts out of them in general and promises me to
call me when the next rocco come in for junking and tell me he would sell
it out to me for ~ 150-200$ CDN. (looks like I am going to get a bunch
opf interior stuff for cheap ...)

On the subject of options, So we know now that 352=cruise control, 560 =
sun roof and W05=power pack (assuming electrical windows right?)
I am going back to the dealer for windsheild spray nosels as I tried to
replace the old tubing, the passenger side just rotten broken into my
hands.
I will ask if he knows what the codes mean.. perhaps we can finally shed
some lights on the "options" dilema.

Patrick
'85 Scirroco
98 Jeep Cherokee Sport (I know we wont talk about how my wife stole my
car and gave me her tired rocco...the joys of being married eh!)