Re: Relay Question

In a message dated 1/16/01 6:45:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
brianm@zbt62.eastnet.gatech.edu writes:

<< As a token EE on this list I have to pipe up here.
 Relaying the lights off the battery is fine. Hooking it up to the battery
 terminal or directly to the alternator is exactly the same thing (unless
 you have a bad wire). >>

 Battery connections usually will corrode due to gasses escaping through the
seals around the battery post. Hooking up to the alternator post sidesteps
this issue.

For that reason, I would prefer to connect to the alternator...