RE: [tech] suspension - Front upper stress bar Q's

Conventional wisdom on the subject is that the chassis should be as stiff as
possible. The idea is to let the suspension do it's job to the greatest
extent possible in controlling wheel angles and movement. Suspension is
designed and tuned to match the driving conditions. Chassis flex effectively
changes the spring rates of the suspension. If the chassis flexes, it
introduces uncontrollable and unpredictable spring forces into the system,
defeating the purpose of a carefully-tuned suspension. Of course, any
automotive chassis will flex, but less is better.

The Autotech bar is definitely larger radius, but I don't know the relative
wall thickness of the tubing. It is also aluminum, which needs larger tubing
to match the strength of a smaller steel tube. Look at a high-end aluminum
mountain bike frame vs. a high-end steel frame, and you'll see what I mean.

Neal