RE: [tech] suspension - Front upper stress bar Q's

Neil,
Luckily the holes in the bar were only about 1/16" off but the fact that I
was able to flex the bar to get it on made me a little concerned.
I've seen the AutoTech bar and it looks thicker (stiffer) than the Neuspeed
unit and mounts to the top with a ring (creating a kind of triangulation).
The thing I'm wondering is, is stiffer better or should there be some flex,
kind of a "weak link".

Randy B
81 (Mars) Scirocco S - Techtonics Tuning 1847cc 8V
81 (Cosmos) Scirocco S - future Oettinger 16V project
87 Jetta GLI 16V - daily driver