Re: [WTB] Afermarket "flip-up" Gas Cap for MK1's

David Guido wrote:

> I was wondering if I could replace my stock gas cap with an aftermarket
> "flip-up" type if they are available. Has anyone done this? Maybe using a
> motorcycle cap? There was some talk a few years back of a source in the UK?
>
> David G
>
> /  __

G-Man,

So far I have seen two types of fitments:

1. Retrofit a motorcycle cap with lots of fab and refinish OR

2. The kit you allude to (so far I've seen it from UK vendors to),
includes a down pipe to fit the outer cap hardware. Seems to require no
sheet metal or bondo work, just slap it in. Weather it retrofits moto
hardware i something I'm not sure of, or is it knock off look a like
stuff.

My own requirements are functional as well as style points, I don't want
to buy something only to have it stick out sore thumb wise or have the
chrome or other coating start flaking off in 6 months.

I too have been wanting to do this, I trust our visions compliment each
other but will not allow us to parallel produce the same car.  :P

TBerk