Climate Control Help

    The climate control on my '87 cabbie is not working right.  It appears
to be the same vacuum control system that is in my '84 Scirocco.  I took the
selector out and put it my cabbie, but still no go.  The temperature control
works fine, but I can only get air out of the defroster vents.  I can hear
the vacuum hiss when I move it around, and the lines look fine up by the
selector.  So, any thoughts?  Or does anyone possibly have a diagram of the
vacuum flow they could scan and send me.  My silly little service manual
only shows the cable operated version.  TIA...