Re: oil-burn

a major burst of
>smoke due to excess oil. I was turning 4k getting up to speed on the
>highway and pow, huge cloud of smoke. I shut the car off. I tried it
>later and limped home. Every time I cranked it up to 4k, more smoke. It
>was trailing some residual smoke otherwise.

This same thing happened to me on the way home today.......well, not
exactly.  I filled up the oil on thursday and drove the car about 200km
since then, but on the way home today I got a big puff of smoke out of my
exhaust....the cars behind me moved back and changed lanes...hehehe......
it almost looked like I hit the smokescreen button on my dash
(not)........guess I should have a look at my airfilter.......time to buy a
K&N to beef up my motor by 25HP  :-)

Casey
84 Roc
83 Audi Coupe