Re: Importing a car for "Show or Display"

ken r weidmann wrote:

> There also has to be a case made that the car is unique
> enough to warrant special dispensation.  Not sure how many thousand
> Lupo's they are selling in Europe, but it might be tough to prove that it
> is unique!!!

"Unique enough"?  If that's how they have worded the law, there's the loophole
right there.  "Unique", by definition, means ONE ONLY.  The only way a car
can be unique is if only one exists and/or was ever made.

"Unique" is one of the most abused terms in the english language!  Just today
on a airplane I was listening to some woman on one of the audio channels
bragging about all the things that make her company "very unique" - she
said it over and over again.  It's either unique or it ain't, period.. can't
be "very" unique, unique "enough", etc.

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0