Re: Fuel and brake lines [desperate]

This doesn't make any sense at all.  Either the shop has no idea what you
want done to your car or they are trying to rake you!  If you want an
e-brake cable replaced, it has nothing to do with the brake hoses.  Plus,
the brake hoses don't rust!!!  I would take it somewhere else (if you don't
want to do it yourself--pretty easy to replace a cable-LMK!) and explain to
them exactly what you want done, i.e. one brake CABLE replaced.  IF the
hoses are bad, I would replace with stainless steel.  Both of these are
pretty easy to do just takes a little time.  LMK or the list if you plan on
doing this yourself and we'll help out!  Watch out for those "European"
shops (and I know this because I work at one), since they are specialized
they sometimes think that they are God and that you have no other options.
We try to stay humble, but sometimes we will get a god complex too!  HTH!!

Dave
77 Rabbit 2.0L 16v
84 Scirocco