Re: Fuel and brake lines [desperate]

Blake,

W/o seeing the fuel lines (that is your real concern here), it's not
possible to say if it is necessary now or not.  I will tell you that many
techs (more like mechs who do this) try to 'bundle' work together so as to
make the most money possible from one job.  Others can be telling you the
honest truth.  With Mercedes dealerships, you have a higher chance of
getting a good tech.  I was a former BMW & Honda tech, so that is where this
is coming from.

Your issue is a possible fuel system failure (Chicago is bad, bad, bad for
cars & rust) with rust eating into the fuel lines then being carried down
into the filter, then possibly past that if badly contaminated.

You are right - it's labor intensive.  And rerouting fuel lines under a car
is not for a beginner.  If it's just external fuel lines, then your chances
go up for finding someone capable of doing it from the List.  My suggestion
is to post again on the list asking for labor help specifically.  Sorry I
can't help w/ this (or am I????).

-PK