RE: Need some more help with CV job

Michael,
I know the circlip your talking about, my Mars81 had this.
The material of the clip is round so the CV just pops over it on/off.
The one that we pulled off of David's 81 had a clip that was flat, like a
washer with holes at each end.
I had to use a spring clip remover, actually I think I used a pair of needle
nose and a lot of cussing, to remove it.
There is no way you could remove the CV without removing the type he had.
I don't know what years came with what and found it strange that his 81 and
my 81 were different. VW, go figure..:-)
Could also be that one of our axles were replaced with an earlier/later one
at some point.
HTH
Anyone have any info on this?

Randy B
81 (Mars) Scirocco S - Techtonics Tuning 1847cc 8V
81 (Cosmos) Scirocco S - future Oettinger 16V project
87 Jetta GLI 16V - daily driver