Re: Militec-1 additive

> > > kind of reaction at 100-150 degrees F, increasing the stiffness (not
> > > hardness) of the surface by a factor of 17.  (I think that
> > number sounds a
> > > little fishy - seems that number could only be valid for a specific
> > > material.)

Now first off, I do not believe, like most, in oil additives, and will not
put anything except oil in my engines, but even if this is a legit product
you have to remember that claims are not always what they seem.  If I was to
add up all the "box HP" claims for the parts I have put on my car, I have a
145hp 1.8L Scirocco ;) This is very very not true.  This number "17 times"
is prolly the equivelant to the 10hp or whatever my K&N air filter brings to
the table (in reality the K&N maybe brings 2hp at a very high rpm) so you
have to keep all claims in perspective.  Just my thoughts...

Jody Bailey
http://www.scirocco8v.com